Edited, substantially rewrote, and commissioned illustrations for 52 quarterly four-page print newsletters, working closely with staff at national, state, and territorial levels.
Burt Weissbourd writes character-driven thrillers. Reviewers describe his work as “brilliantly detailed, evocative … thrillingly suspenseful.” Producer of motion pictures Ghost Story and Raggedy Man, he has written four books — Inside Passage, Teaser, and Minos, now in a boxed set entitled “The Corey Logan Trilogy”—and In Velvet. All were published by Rare Bird Books. Magnificent Publications, Inc. helped to create awareness of the books with a Website, burtweissbourd.com, e-newsletters, and a PhotoPlay.
Plan, research, write, edit, and illustrate numerous publications for more than 10 years, most in the areas of community outreach, urban planning and diversity. Researched and drafted chapter on equal housing opportunity for NAR anniversary book 100 Years in Celebration of the American Dream.
See sample project ››
Wrote proposal, assisted in finding publisher, edited, and collaborated with editor-in-chief of a multi-author textbook, Borderless Business (Praeger).
Designed, edited, and illustrated firm’s initial brochure and revised subsequent versions for this deep-value wealth management firm. Additional services: design and editing of quarterly and annual reports and fact sheets on fund performance.
Wrote and edited articles for EPA newsletter “Pollution Prevention News.”
Additional clients include:
- American Healthcare Radiology Administrators
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- American Medical Association
- American Public Health Association
- Buechler Capital
- Brody Weiser Burns
- Council on Library and Information Resources
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Greater Bethesda-Chevy Chase Chamber of Commerce
- Indian Health Service
- International Masters Publishers, Inc.
- Living Cities: The National Community Development Initiative
- Management Business Planning Systems, Inc.
- National Association of Vietnamese American Service Agencies
- National Campaign for Freedom of Expression
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- National Science Foundation
- Panacea Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Reference Bureau
- Rebuilding Together
- Stretton Associates, Inc.
- Temple University Institute for Survey Research
- Volunteers of America, Inc.
- Washington Institute for Near East Policy